Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Value of Weekends Away

I realized last Tuesday that J and I had a (mostly) unscheduled weekend ahead of us and one very important basketball game (UK's first appearance in the Final Four in more than a decade).  Now, I've learned a thing or two in the last six years with J, and while I don't think UK basketball plays as big a role in his life now as it did then, I still knew that this game would be a big deal.  Solution?  I suggested we drive down to Nashville so he could watch the game with three of his closest friends (our groomsmen, in fact).  Other benefit of the trip?  I could finally meet his buddy D's little girl.  I missed the annual New Year's trip to Nashville when J got to meet her, so this was my first chance.  While the game didn't go quite as well as we had hoped it would, quality time with Kenzie went exactly as hoped!  She's an absolute doll, and we were thrilled to spend a little time with her family!
 While we were up and out this morning before anyone was up (I had to be at work at 12:30 and we lost the hour coming home), we both feel like it was a great (and somewhat relaxing) weekend.  There is just something to be said for getting out of town and spending time with old friends to re-center you a bit.  I hope you all get to have one of those weekends soon!

2 comments:

D said...

Thank you guys for coming down! We had a great weekend (even though the game didn't work out). I'm glad JE finally got to meet our little sweetheart. We should try and do this more often.

Becky said...

that baby is beautiful. and she looks like she has a mohawk. I can say that because my baby has george jefferson hair and a mohawk is way cooler.