Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday--April 21

We had a terrible line of storms go through last night (many of you did, too, I imagine), and after all of the rain we've had this month, I am so thankful that we didn't have any additional water issues in the basement!  In fact, after more than a week of doing 'double duty' with our residential dehumidifier and a rented industrial dehumidifier running 24/7 to dry things out and keep them that way, we were able to return the rental this morning.  I'm thankful, too, for the husband who loaded it up and the rental store employee who unloaded it when I got to the store.  That thing looked heavy!!  And, to round out my basement thankfulness, I'm thankful for our one year contract with Stanley Steamer, and the knowledge that I can just call them up to come clean my carpets again.  J and I laughed today that we've managed to cut the annual basement water damage cost in half this year!

More rain is on the way (with two inches to go before this becomes the wettest April on record in Lexington, I think Mother Nature is making a run at the record), so please pray, cross your fingers, do an anti-rain dance for us! 

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'll get the kid right on that for ya tonight ;)