Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday--April 7

I'm so thankful this week for fabulous spring weather!  In spite of the terrible storms that roared through the state on Monday (or maybe because of?), we've had many lovely warm (but not hot), breezy days.  As I walked home from the mall today I passed many folks out in the park flying kites.  And yes, I'm thankful that no one heard me break into "Let's go fly a kite" from Mary Poppins.  I know that hot days when I won't want to walk to or from work are just around the corner, and I'm thankful I can enjoy the walk now.

 I'm thankful the the many opportunities I've had this week to spend time with friends old and new.  No, I did not break into song (Make New Friends--Girl Scouts) on any of these occasions.

I'm thankful for Bobby the plumber who visited us three times in the last week, and for Sam--the plumber who got us started on this remodeling adventure seven months ago--who helped get us to three working pieces in our bathroom this week.  In a related note, I'm thankful that I get to brush my teeth in the sink again.  It's been a while.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: