Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So I completely forgot to write my post for Tuesday's Talent last night. The reason I forgot, though, actually led to today' topic. Last night, J and I had a documentary film night. He was perusing Netflix when I noticed a National Geographic doc on the Appalachian Trail. Now, aside from the fact that we are overweight and haven't hiked more than a mile through the woods in years, and despite the fact that our lifestyle doesn't really lend itself to taking off for six months at a time, hiking the AT has been on my bucket list for a while. I pounced. J agreed to watch. When it was over, I quickly asked if we could watch another--Helvetica. Helvetica is another doc, but instead of being at all outdoorsy, it documents the history of the font and the people who love and hate it.

Where am I going with this? Well, it dawned on me that we all have a range of different talents. Myself, I'm a generally fairly creative person, but I am also fascinated by outdoor pursuits like hiking or running 5K's. Clearly I've not demonstrated any talent for running, but I wonder I I might have some talent for hiking?

What talents do you have? Do you think you might have hidden talents that you've not yet discovered? Is that even possible?

1 comment:

Becky said...

personally, i think you may have a hidden talent for camping and hiking. i have a few options for you to try it out... ;) seriously, though, we do have a hiking trip planned for the end of the month - would love for you guys to join us. Lmk if you're interested!