Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday: April 14

I've had a pretty awesome week--great vibes with Stella & Dot, a chance to make and decorate a cake for a friend's birthday (expect to see pics later this week or next!), and good times with my husband.  Even with all of the awesome going on, those aren't the things I thought about when I started this post.  Yes, I'm insanely thankful for these things, as well as the chance to spoil my neice and nephew a bit on Sunday morning (very thankful for that opportunity!!), but there was something else that hit me this week to be thankful for.

That thing that jumped out as me this week happened Tuesday morning, when one of the managers at my part-time job called to tell me she'd had to cut hours and that they didn't want me to come in on Wednesday.  I've never been in the manager's situation, but I can imagine that I would dread making those calls.  I'm sure that there are people working hourly jobs who dread receiving those phone calls, too.  I am so thankful that I'm in a place where I don't dread receiving that phone call (this week, I actually said a little prayer of thanks for it!), and I am especially thankful that I can respond positively to my manager.  Knowing how much I would have dreaded making that kind of phone call, it means a lot to me to be understanding and supporting of my manager.  I'm so thankful that I can be that understanding and supportive.

No comments: