Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday--April 28

Well, it has been another rainy week, and knock on wood, we've still managed to keep the basement mostly dry!  I'm so thankful that our little dehumidifier is trucking along, keeping up with all of the moisture seeping in and around our basement.  I'm thankful this week, too, that we found a house with a finished basement!  While we've had steady rain for a few weeks now, we've had quite regular severe thunderstorms and many tornado warnings since last Friday.  The basement has been a comfortable refuge for our family during these storms. 

This last week has been an interesting Stella & Dot week for me.  I believe I am starting to really find my way in this company, and I am thankful for the amazing supports put in place by our corporate leadership, as well as the other stylists who are so quick to share their experiences, their advice, their encouragement, and even their documents with each other.  I've often commented about how I found it interesting that I belonged the first greek sorority for women, found great involvement in the largest patriotic service organization for women, and (for several years) worked for the largest leadership development organization for girls.  Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald, Mary Desha, and Juliette Gordon Low are awesome role models for me.  I'm so thankful to have discovered the modern-day version of these forward thinking women in Jessica Herrin, and I'm so thankful to be a part of this organization.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: