Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday smells like... Carb-free foods

J mentioned last week that he's decided to try the Atkins diet, and that has lead to a few interesting meals this week.  For one, I've never really been one to read labels.  I'm glad there are there, of course, and they make interesting reading if you're terribly bored, but to actually pick up each package and read it for specific information prior to putting it in my meal?  Not so much.

It's been interesting, to say the least.  I've discovered that this whole Atkins diet plan is not good for me, too.  Twice this week, J came home for lunch.  Supportive wife that I am (or try to be), I prepared carb-free meals for us to share.  (I was particularly proud of using leaves from romaine hearts as taco shells.)  While the meals were filling, they simply did nothing for my sweet tooth.  And both afternoons I found myself whipping up small batches of frosting (we don't generally keep a lot of sweet stuff in the house, but powdered sugar is usally on hand for decorating other people's cakes) to quench the sugar-drought.  Fail.

Have any of you attempted to support your partner on a diet and completely ruined your own in the process?

No comments: