Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday--March 3

The last week has been an absolute rollercoaster for me, but the thing about rollercoasters is that you have lots of opportunities to be thankful! 

This Thursday, I am thankful for:

The MP's Previous Owners.  Yes, I know you're shocked to hear this, but yesterday, when we had a beautful early spring day with highs in the mid-50's, I was so grateful for their foresight in building a huge deck.  We'll be tearing the deck out later this year (because PO thought that painting a wood deck was a good idea...it wasn't), but we'll be using the same footprint that we've come to love so much.

My Sunday School Class.  When I was asked to teach a Sunday School class this year, I responded that I was open to any age group but middle schoolers.  My class is made up of two seventh graders and four eighth graders (though, since it's a two year class, they'll all be high schoolers when I send them on to the next level...).  These kids are the most insightful and inspiring group of middle schoolers I've ever worked with, and they never fail to put a smile on my face.

My friends.  Today marks six months since I left my full-time job.  In those six months I've been blessed by friends who listened, gave me support, shared their families with me, shared their own career experiences, given me the chance to bake for them, and suggested ways to help my passion.  I'm blessed by them all.

What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm thankful it's almost Friday. And think the new background is nice :)