Sunday, March 13, 2011

Prayers for Japan

I know that I usually use Freestyle Sundays to get thoughtful or introspective with you guys, but today, I just ask for your continued thoughts and prayers for everyone in Japan.  My brother is currently stationed there, and he and his family currently live just southwest of Tokyo.  They, along with everyone else in the country have been impacted by Friday's main earthquake, as well as the continuing aftershocks (there have been hundreds, you guys--I had no idea!), poor water quality (the almost constant shaking has loosened all sorts of sediment in the pipes), and now, rolling blackouts. 

If you click on the link below, you can follow seismic activity around the world (both in list form and through an interactive map) in real time.  I've linked directly to the map of their part of Japan.  A 5.5 magnitude earthquake just hit about 100 miles east of them just an hour ago (click on a square to learn more about that specific quake).  Please take a look, and then say a prayer for everyone experiencing this event.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/140_40.php

No comments: