Sunday, March 6, 2011

ABC's

I spent my Sunday morning at church and my Sunday afternoon at Williams-Sonoma, so there wasn't a lot of me left to free-style with today.  Luckily, a friend of mine posted this cute ABC's thing on her blog the other day (Got a question?  Visit her for the answers!), and I decided to use it for a post myself. If you have no interest in reading about me (wait, isn't that what you're here for?), skip straight to the bottom to learn about my first blogging award!

A = Age: 30. For 10 more days.  Yikes!
B = Bed size: Queen, which I find to be just right.
C = Chore you dislike: Cleaning my bathroom.  My college roommates can attest.
D = Dogs: One--Zeppelin--who has been a part of my life for almost ten years now.
E= Essential start to your day: The Today Show.
F = Favorite color: It varies.  I like pink and blue.
G = Gold or silver: Mostly silver, but Stella & Dot is opening my eyes to gold, too.
H = Height: 5’9.5"  (seriously, sometimes it's 5'10", sometimes 5'9"...so I'm averaging.)
I = Instruments you play(ed): Other than my brief third grade experience with the recorder?  None.
J = Job title: Wife.  Blogger.  Williams-Sonoma Associate.  Stella & Dot Independent Stylist.  Super-Volunteer.
K = Kids: None.
L = Live: Lexington, KY
M = Mom’s name: Millie. 
N = Nicknames: JE...Bella Bestest to J...Punkin to my dad...
O = Overnight hospital stays: I don't think I've had any since I had surgery in eighth grade.  That one was seven days long...and I'm pretty certain that was my first since birth. 
P = Pet peeves: People who don't say please (listen for it--that one word changes an order to a request just like that!).
Q = Quote from a movie: "You have a baby!  In a bar!"--Sweet Home Alabama
R = Righty or lefty: Righty
S = Siblings: Two brothers; both older.
T = Time you wake up: Usually around 7:30
U = Underwear: Yes?
V = Vegetables you don’t like: Green Beans (they hide those little beans inside that burst in your mouth when you least expect it!)
W = What makes you run late: My inability to actually judge how long it will take to get somewhere (I always shave a few minutes off the real time).
X = X-rays you’ve had: When they thought I had pneumonia a few years ago...when I broke my collarbone at age five...surely some other time...oh, and of course dental x-rays.
Y = Yummy food you make: Cake!  And frosting!!
Z = Zoo animal favorites:  Pandas...flamingos...monkeys (and all of their relatives)
Now to the exciting part of the post:  One Thursday, I received a comment letting me know I had been nominated for a blog award.  Me!  For a moment, I was Sally Field at the 1985 Academy Awards!  My new blogging friend Melissa over at Life is Grace nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award.  In addition to blogging, Melissa and I share a common bond through Stella & Dot, so I know for sure that we have the 'stylish' part of the award covered with our jewelry!  Thank you, Melissa, so much for this award!



The great thing about Blog Awards is that the recipient gets to pass the award along.   This award asks the recipient to share seven things about herself first (I guess I over-achieved with the 26 above!), then to link to her recipients.  Some of these may be new to you, but I hope you'll take the time to visit and learn from each!

Without further ado, the nominees are:
Becky, at Lessons from an Infertile Social Worker.  Becky has so much grace as she juggles her roles of wife, mother and social worker, and she has been so open and honest about struggles with infertility and adoption.
Ally, at Cute on the Cheap.  Tagline:  You don't have to spend a million bucks to look like it.  And she does!  Ally posts pics of her outfits (always super cute and stylish) as well as wear to buy everything--she's like my own personal shopper!
The Great Askini, at A Wondering Spirit.  I know, bloggers are, by definition, putting a part of their lives 'out there' for the universe.  Maybe it's because I have the privilige of knowing GA in real life, but y'all she is so brave to put herself out there, with all of her doubts, and she's inspired me to be a little braver myself.
Janell, at Isabella and Max Rooms.  Another Stella & Dot Stylist (so of course I love her), Janell has a great eye for interior design and her blog is complete eye candy for me!
Bailey, at Peppermint Bliss.  Y'all, I feel like Bailey is my guilty pleasure every day.  She's just so damn cute and perky and optimistic about everything!  And one look at her wedding pictures (check June or July 2010 for pics) will prove she has style.  She's currently in CA soaking up the sun and buying cute maternity clothes, and I'm stalking for daily updates on her nursery.  I can assure you, it will be over the top gorgeous.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I just saw you nominated me! Told you I was a little behind on blog reading. THANKS, JE!! You're the best :)