Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Glitter Painting

Last spring, Martha Stewart Living had an article about Glitter Painting that intrigued me.  After reading the instructions and buying the glitter talked about here, I set to work.  Now, I don't generally do well at following instructions when it comes to creative endeavors.  I'll listen to (or read) the instructions, think about the basics that ought to be followed, and set off to create my own version.  I did the same thing when it came to glitter art.  I tried one piece where I uploaded a picture in the program and used that the create my first attempt.  Then, I took the tools I'd learned, grabbed a canvas and sketched out an idea.  Before I show you the finished product, understand that this was for a friend who was throwing herself a pirate themed birthday party, complete with flamingos (No, I'd never thought about putting flamingos and pirates together, either, but she was a one-of-a-kind sort of person).  This piece was her birthday gift to commemorate and help her remember the occasion.  The title of the piece is "Pirate Princess Turns 28" which is what the banner at the top says.  It shows up much better in real life!  Oh, and the yellow lump on her shoulder is her dog.

No comments: