Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday's Talents

Okay, so my awesome friend Becky (BTW, you should read her blog. Right now. Even if you have no interest in infertility or adoption, she is hilarious, insightful, and honest. And she shares the most hilarious stories about her almost-five-year-old.) suggested that I devote one day of the week to craftiness. Unable to come up with a decent alliterative Label for a day of the week and "crafty", I went with talents and assigned it to Tuesday. So on Tuesdays, you might see paper crafts, cakes, painted pottery, or whatever hobby has piqued my interest that week. Unfortunately, unless Becky took pictures of the cookies I made her family last week (my first attempt at the dam and flood method of cookie decorating), there are no pictures to share today. I'll get better about it, I promise!

See you next Tuesday, with (I expect) a picture of a (hopefully) well-decorated tractor cake!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi,
It's a good idea to have a theme for each day that you blog. What I have done is find "blog parties" that pertain to the things that I enjoy. Such as a blog that holds a party where you show off your crafts on Thursday and link your blog to Somewhat Simple found at http://www.somewhatsimple.com/. She hosts Strut Your Stuff. Then say a Decorating one on Friday, when you can join numerous parties to show off decor ideas, that's also a good idea to ask for help with decor if you need it.
That's what I have done and I have slowly picked up comments and regular visitors.
There are also some great bloggers who have lots of helpful hints on how to make your blog more attractive and more reader/commenter friendly. Funky Junk has lots of blog tips at http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/ If you want to show off what you are wearing, join http://thepleatedpoppy.com/blog/page/3/ on Wednesdays. It's a really fun one.
I wish you all the best on your blog!
Hugs, Cindy

Becky said...

ummm, so nooooo. no pics of the cookies. they didn't last long enough for that ;) the were beautiful and extremely tasty! and thanks, friend. you made my day!

Becky said...

oh yeah, i like "tuesday's talents"

JE Melton said...

Cindy, thanks so much for the tips! I love the feel of your blog and look forward to checking out the ones you mentioned, too!

JE Melton said...

Becky, I think it works--open-ended enough for me to work with it, but still specific enough to keep me going! Thanks for the suggestion!!