Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday--February 24

If you saw my post yesterday, you know where I'm headed with this week's Thankful Thoughts. That's right, number one I'm thankful for this week:

Spring-like temperatures! Sure, we also had a little weather in the 30's this week, but more often than not the sun has been shining and I've been willing to walk outside and throw a ball for Zep. And that makes him a happy dog. Add in the dafodils popping through the soil (my favorite flower, by the way) and I'm a happy girl. J worked all weekend and has been sick this week, so I'm afraid we aren't three-for-three at the MP, but as the old song says, two of of three ain't bad.

Also:
A solid storm door! I wish I had thought to take good pictures of our old front door/storm door combo. First, there was no weather-stripping around the door and there was a crack at least an inch wide under the door. You really could sit at the kitchen table and see daylight under the door. Second, the storm door was incredibly warped and wouldn't close all the way unless you pulled really hard. And then you had to push really hard to get out. Needless to say, we generally didn't. The process from door shopping, meetings, measuring, measuring again, choosing a door, choosing a new store to finally getting it all installed was a stressful one to say the least. Opening the front door the other night to find rain literally blowing sideways into the storm door and not having a drop of water find its way inside made the whole process worth it.

Facebook friends--When the much anticipated bathroom sink arrived Tuesday night, I was afraid it was too large. Four pictures and a facebook album later, I've been almost completely reassured and am ready to move forward with ordering our slab. Without facebook, I'd have spent probably another week trying to convince myself it was okay.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Becky said...

Today I am thankful for Spring weather, a super funny kid, and Starbucks.