Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cake!

J and I really enjoy a blog called Hyperbole and a Half, and one of her stories (The God of Cake) in particular reminds me of the post I wanted to share today for Tuesday's Talents. In it, a four-year-old fights her way through all sorts of obstacles to get to her grandfather's cake. Sunday, I took a cake to a birthday party for a very special, newly minted five-year-old. Let's just say that the mass numbers of squealing children reminded me a lot of The God of Cake.

Becky and her husband Daniel mentioned about a month ago that their little boy Superman had received a tractor cake pan for Christmas, and would love to have a tractor cake for his birthday party. Last week, when I asked if he wanted any particular kind of cake, his parents replied chocolate chip. Nothing like throwing a new type of cake in there for me to grow with!


I gave you a sneak peek of the undecorated cake on Saturday, but wanted to share the final product (and a shot of the birthday boy with his cake) today. He was so excited when I brought it in on Sunday, and his only complaint was that I hadn't put Superman in the cab of the tractor! Silly me--and I mistake I wouldn't dare make again!

1 comment:

Becky said...

not only adorable, but delish, too! thanks, je :)