Tuesday, June 28, 2011

To Ewe, with (conditional) love

I think I've managed to touch on a few of our hobbies that we're not exactly talented at (golf, gardening among others), so I figured I would add another.  Last August I took up knitting.  Now, having been a knitter for almost a year now, I think I've settled into my knitting routine, which is to say I knit when I'm attending DAR meetings or conferences that require someone else drive and/or run the meeting.  These don't happen often, so it probably goes without saying that I haven't accomplished much.  Well, to be completely honest, I've made two scarves.  That's it.  So much for my plan to give them away as Christmas gifts last Christmas.  And probably for the back up plan to give them as gifts this Christmas...

Anyhow, as I mentioned in Sunday's post, I left Monday for DAR Continental Congress.  Fitting all the criterua (DAR meeting, no driving, no running the meeting), I grabbed my needles and yarn.  While I spent most of the time on the bus visiting with friends or reading, I did manage to get a new scarf started.  Here is where it stands now.  With luck (and dedication) I migh get this one half-finished before I get home!

No comments: