Friday, February 10, 2012

Fitness Friday--February 10

Five weeks on WW and I'm officially down ten pounds!  I mentioned my struggles with hormones this week which have totally led to some unhealthy eating, but I still think I'm on target to hit my 5% weight loss goal on Monday.  I think the best thing about WW is that it makes me stop and think.  Tuesday afternoon I called J and commented that I really wanted mac & cheese, with a side of mashed potatoes and chocolate for dessert.  While my eventual choices (beef snack bites, hummus and meringues) weren't the greatest nutritional choices ever, they were far more balanced than my initial cravings.

With regard to our fiscal fitness, well... Ugh.  I highly recommend refinancing in this market.  I really do.  That said, it's a bit of a nightmare.  Between trying to keep a large sum of money in pretty liquid status so that it is readily available if we ever get to closing and also having smaller, but still significant to us, sums available for the various random repair jobs the mortgage company keeps tossing our way, it's getting a little stressful.  Yes, those record-low interest rates are a great carrot, but good grief!  Ask me again in a month.  Hopefully we'll be through this by then.

No comments: