Monday, February 27, 2012

Black Shutters!

One of the holdups to our mortgage refi was a need to paint our exterior woodwork.  J and I were hesitant to spend lots of money painting woodwork that will be replaced this spring, but I was hesitant to put J (or me) on an extension ladder to do the work ourselves.  We got a couple of quotes and had the painter out last Thursday to do the work (and back on Saturday, but that's another story).  Since we'd already agreed to pay someone to paint the trim, it seemed logical to throw the shutters into the job.  You remember the shutters, the green ones that stand out like sore thumbs since we've swapped out everything else to black?



Well, they now match the front door!  And I have to admit that I'm thrilled that we didn't have to paint them ourselves!


No comments: