Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday--October 27

So for starters, I realized earlier that I wrote the title for yesterday's post with a specific story in mind, and then I completely forgot to share it (A little more of the flakiness I promised!).  Luckily for me, I can pretty easily work that into a thankful moment today!

So, to kick off this week's Thankful Thursday, I'm thankful for living in Kentucky, especially in the fall.  I mentioned that C is from Houston, and while she's been in Kentucky and other places with hills and mountains before, it just isn't a landscape she sees every day.  I am so glad that I was able to show her the hills of eastern Kentucky on a beautiful fall day, and there were definitely moments when she was struck silent just taking it all in (hence, the "Wordless Wonder" post title...yeah, it's still a stretch, isn't it?).

I'm thankful, too, for DAR mentors and advice-givers and friends.  Now, I'm getting ready to spend two-and-a-half days in DARworld, so I may not be thinking this particular thankful thought come Saturday morning (much less Saturday afternoon), but today at least, I am mindful of what a gift they are to me.

Finally, I'm so thankful for our health (or for being, as my dad says, on the right side of the dirt).  We've had a couple deaths in our parish this week, together with recent deaths in our extended family.  It's just a good reminder that life could be a lot tougher than it is, and that maybe I should be thankful for 'just' being busy.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: