Friday, October 14, 2011

Super finicky second friday

I'm all over the place today, so I hope you'll allow me to indulge in a little flakiness! 

First, I took Zep into the office with me yesterday.  I've been saying since I started that I was going to do this, but I've been a bit nervous about it.  You see, he can be a little grumpy sometimes.  And a little territorial.  And a little unkind to strangers (particularly the really young and really, um... past middle-age).  I finally picked yesterday as the day because we didn't have any meetings scheduled and I thought it was my best shot at letting him get acclimated in an unthreatening way.  Zep did great!  What was even cooler, though, is that I did great!  I was calmer and more productive than I've been in weeks.  Our priest (and our recently departed Bishop, who I suspect influenced our priest's thinking) really thinks that having an office dog increasea job satisfaction and productivity and encouraged me to bring him in again.  Zep certainly earned his return trip!

I'm calling today to 'order' my flowers for next week's arrangement.  I'll keep them a secret, in case I can't get them, but I'm thinking about an arrangement that you've seen here before.  I'm so excited about the prospect of fresh flowers all year, and thrilled at the idea of ordering ahead instead of just taking what I can find in the cooler.

After two weeks of sunshine it started raining again yesterday.  I have to confess, it just feels more like fall when there is a gentle rain falling outside.  I'm totally in the mood to nest and get crafty.  We'll see how that turns out!

Quick fitness check--between meeting friends for dinner and hitting the Food Show last weekend, we dealt some serious damage to our grocery/restaurant budget this week.  Luckily, we got back on the wagon and I think the damage won't go past this week.  That's a pretty impressive thing for us.  One more week before we hit four weeks, and I think one month of a new activity is the key to establishing a habit.  Here's to new habits!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: