Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chocolate Chip Chiffon, redux

Remember a couple weeks ago when I showed you a picture of a cake I made last year for a fellow parishoner at St. R?  In a funny turn, the parishoner's husband called me last Wednesday morning and asked if there was any possibility I could make a cake for her birthday this year (it was last Monday this year, and he thought she'd be extra suprised to receive a cake two days later).  If you did the math in my parenthetical there, it means I committed mid-morning to delivering a cake early-evening.  In the midst of my busiest week yet at this new job.  Crazy may come to mind...

Anyhow, this parishoner's mother made chiffon cakes for birthdays in her family.  She always had chocolate chip chiffon, and last year I tried my hand at one.  Well, I ended up with chocolate, chocolate chip, which was well-received but not quite right.  Of course, this year I tried to correct that, but my chocolate chips all settled to the bottom (which became the top and was covered with a chocolate glaze).  I guess we'll have to try again next year to try to get it right! 

Here is a picture of this year's attempt.  Luckily, it was still well-received!

No comments: