Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday--October 13

Thanks for letting me take my break from thankfulness last week; I really needed it, and the reminders and encouragement I received gave me plenty to be thankful for!  This week, I've had many opportunities for thankfulness, too.

I'm thankful for nights out with good friends, like last night.  Back in the summer, one of the girls (Element) I went ziplining with mentioned she would be in town for a soccer game.  Eight of us met up for dinner with another former Girl Scout (though actually, she's a life member, so not really 'former'...), then went on to the game where we sat with Element's parents.  It was just such an awesome reminder of the really cool sisterhood that Girl Scouts creates. Oh, and Element's team won, so that was cool, too!

I'm thankful, too, for Williams-Sonoma, who welcomed me back today with open arms and a fresh roll of ribbon (okay, so not really on the ribbon part, but I did noticed that the gift wrap station is fully stocked!).  I so enjoyed the time I spent there during the holidays last year, and while the schedule will kind of mess with our holiday plans, I'm excited that we can maintain our budget and still have a nice Christmas.  (And again, they pay me to wrap presents.  How awesome is that?!?)

Finally, I'm thankful for J. I've been 'green' for a couple of weeks now, and I know that isn't the easiest thing for him to live with.  Luckily, I've also not been at home all that much, and I've been exhausted in the mornings and mostly still asleep, so the time he's had to spend with 'green JE' is pretty limited.  But I think he'd still prefer regular me, and I appreciate his patience and tolerance.

So what are you thankful for this week?

No comments: