Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday--October 20

I've had several moments of thankfulness this week that I thought I should jot down  Of course, being me, I didn't.  I so wish I had, as there were deifnitely some good ones!  Here's what I do remember:

I'm so thankful for DAR, and the sisterhood that it has opened up for me.  As I write this, I'm sitting next to my friend C, who flew in from Houston for the weekend.  If it weren't for DAR, I wouldn't know C, much less be friends with her.  Later, we're going out to Keeneland to support Hindman Settlement School, a program I've come to love as a result of the DAR.

I'm thankful, too, for a peaceful week at work.  The last few weeks were just so chaotic that I can truly appreciate the quiet calm of this week.

Finally, I am so thankful for the new class that J and I have signed up to take together.  EfM, or Education for Ministry, is a course offered by Suwanee through a mentor who comes to our church once a week for an evening class.  While I partly signed up for the class to strengthen my Bible background, I also signed up for it to have something to share with J.  Since we met after he'd finished with school, this is my first experience with being his classmate.  This is a great opportunity for growth for us as a couple, too.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: