Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"My Only Granddaughter"

For today's Wordless Wednesday, I thought I'd share the purpose of this quick trip to Texas--


This is my Grandmother B., known to my siblings, cousin and myself (as well as our spouses, their families, our friends, etc.) as Mur, a nickname my oldest brother gave her when he started talking. She'd be less than thrilled if she knew I was putting this picture out on the internet, but it was the only one I had a chance to take today. I'll do better tomorrow! :)
She loved introducing us to the staff where she lives (The Gregg Home for the Aged--y'all who know Mur will probably crack up as much as I did at how appropriate it seems that she has found her home in a "home for the aged"!). My aunt lives near here and knows the staff well. My mom, on the other hand, can only make it down a couple times a year, so she is known as Mur's "Other Daughter". I'm sure mom was thrilled with the title. I, on the other hand, was introduced as her only granddaughter--an awesome title I've been thrilled to hold for nearly 31 years. My brothers and cousin have each done their part to be sure she has great-granddaughters, but I love holding down the fort for my generation!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: