Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happiness is a long day with little sleep...

I like to sleep. On average, 9 hours is a good night for me. This sinus infection has completely messed with that, but between naps and nightime, I've done okay. Last night, though, I was up late--way later than usual, and then I was up early this morning. Normally, that would make for a grumpy JE.

Today, though, I woke up to an unexpected snow storm that dumped three inches of the stuff on my little corner of the world. My over-scheduled day took a break. I sat in my kitchen and chatted with my mom while J cooked us breakfast and Zep frolicked outside. As we finished breakfast, the sun came out. It was gorgeous streaming across the fresh snow!

While the cold temperatures will keep the ground white for a while, the roads cleared fairly quickly, and by late morning, mom and I were on our way to the next part of our day--a retreat with a group of state leaders of the DAR. By noon, we were chatting with old friends from across the state. As of this writing (just midnight, there are still small clusters of women tucked away in rooms at our B&B (the Montgomery Inn in Versailles, KY). It's been a long day, but it's been a good one with good friends, good food, laughter and learning--about each other, our organization, and even a little about me. What a blessing it turned out to be!

P.S. If you're looking for a getaway with a loved one, or a retreat for a small group (ten rooms, sleeping up to 26 or so), I'd highly recommend this B&B. We've had great food and accomodations for a very reasonable price!!

No comments: