Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday--January 5

It feels so strange to type January in a Thankful Thursday post title (in fact, I started to type December before I caught myself).  It feels a little strange, too, to be back at work this week.  I think I could have taken another week off and been okay with that. Of course, I've voluntarily been at work late two days in a row, so it must not be that bad, right?

So this week, in addition to being thankful for my job, I'm thankful for the amazing volunteers at St. R. This week I've had two ladies in helping with the office, we've had a gentleman in working on electrical, I've been printing the newsletter (edited by another volunteer and folded/mailed by yet another), and half a dozen folks have offered to taken on answering phones for a couple hours every month to allow me to shut my door, turn off the phone and get a little work done.  It's a good thing.

I'm thankful too for J, who's been so supportive of me this week and who values open and honest discussion.

Finally, I'm thankful for modern medicine and the assurance that even when we're broken, our broken-ness isn't necessarily irreparable.  Update:  J has bronchitis--yay!  Why "yay"?  Because I was afraid it was pneumonia, and the drugs prescribed will heal him, rather than letting the infection worsen into pneumonia anyway!

So what are you thankful for this week?

No comments: