Wednesday, January 4, 2012

If Fergie can do it...

While I've certainly been for a few rides on the weight roller coaster, I never thought the roller coaster would deliver me here:


Yep, I signed up for Weight Watchers.  I spent some time the other day thinking about the times when weight loss has been easiest and most successful for me.  Without fail, those times involved positive peer pressure.  Whether my college room/dormates or my Girl Scout co-workers, having a group to be accountable to seems to be the thing that makes it stick for me.  So now, when my roommate is a guy and my co-workers are mostly guys, there just aren't any woman to ask how the scale looked or if I've been stealing cookies instead of exercising. 

Two days in, it's surprisingly easy.  I thought counting points would be tedious, but it turns out the 'green' geek in me is okay with it.  I'll keep you posted.

Oh, BTW, the title is referencing the former Princess, not the pop singer.  Just in case that wasn't clear...

No comments: