Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday--January 19

I love three day weekends.  Not for me so much, as when J has one.  Something about him having the opportunity to relax makes me a little more relaxed, too.  As strange as it sounds, relaxing helps me focus.  I'm accomplished more things on my to do list this week, and I really think it has something to do with J having a few days off.  I need to figure out how to arrange more of those!

This week, I'm especially thankful for technology.  Even though it doesn't always work the way we'd like (scroll down to see the Wordless Wednesday post I thought I posted yesterday!), the internet is a pretty amazing tool.  This week alone, we've used the internet to find a new cleaning lady, enroll in a class to help us (or me, at least) embrace our 2012 word (open), and even kind of validate my decision to call my regular mechanic again (after the whole transmission issue, J has doubts.  But apparently, there isn't much to choose from in this town).  I'm not thankful for car troubles, by the way.  I really don't have the time or energy for that!

Finally, I'm so thankful for our friends B/D & K/D.  On Monday morning, K received a job offer and that evening we all found ourselves sitting around a table at a local restaurant celebrating.  Not just K (who totally deserves this awesome new work environment), but everyone.  It was just the coolest experience--sharing food and chips, passing around B&D's children, just generally loving each other in community.  Definitely a blessing to be counted.

How is your week going?  What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I tend to feel a little guilty "passing" the boys around. But to hear you describe that time as a blessing, makes me tear up. I am so grateful for the friends in our lives who have also become family, the friends who love not just us but also our boys. ((hugs and going to get a tissue))