So our (my) first and largest goal was to blog daily in an effort to reach our stated blog goal of consistent blogging. For the first six months of the year, that was accomplished almost without exception. For the next five months, I blogged consistently 2/3 of the time. This month, I blogged half the time, though not necessarily every other day. Moral of the story? I can't work and blog reliably. The more time spent at work, the less time spent blogging or doing things worth blogging about. But still, since the big goal was to be consistent in our blogging, I think this is a goal accomplished.
As for the rest of our goals, I finally got around to stating them a week into 2011 here.
- Run 150 miles each. Not even close. Best case scenario, we maybe walked/ran 85 miles.
- Participate in a half-marathon. Right now, we're looking towards the Flying Pig in Cincinnati, but we are open to others. Right. See previous goal.
- Continue our weight loss efforts. 25 pounds for JE; 40 for J. I gained and lost and gained and lost. J lost his 40.
- Finish the main bath (seal and grout the marble, prime and paint the walls, reinstall toilet and vanity, buy and install mirror, install new shower curtain curtain rod) Actually, we got this one mostly done.
- Finish the master bedroom (make and hang curtains, print pictures for photo wall, hang pictures on photo wall) Um...no.
- Finish front of house (paint shutters, reinstall flag pole) I'd say 50/50 on this one. The shutters are still green and the gutters still need replacing.
- Back of house (rebuild deck using composite lumber, move storage shed) Not a darn thing done here.
- Library (stain bookshelves, figure out what kind of countertop to install, install built-ins) No.
- Living room--if we accomplish everything else and are feeling a little bored (In the words of President Reagan--Tear down this wall!, and then fix the stairs, paint) Obviously this didn't happen.
Internalize and live our 2011 phrase--Be alert, for God is a whisper. Read more about that in yesterday's post. I think we've worked on this one a lot. Something we're still working on it figuring out how to tell when God is telling us something. That's kind of a hard one.
This is kind of tough to look at, because there is a lot of negative in the way of accomplishments. Someone asked me the other day how I would describe 2011 in one word. My word? Rebirth. The person I became in 2011 is a very different person I was in 2009 and 2010. While there were parts of that person who was happy, I think that the new me is a generally happier, more at peace person. I don't want to put words in J's mouth, but I think I'm probably an easier wife, too. Unforunately, this new me doesn't seem to have been nearly as goal oriented as the old me... Check back next week to see what I'm going to do about that.