Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday--December 15

Have you heard the saying "If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all".  Well, other than with respect to finding J, I don't generally consider myself a "lucky" person.  I've used that saying with respect to other people, but certainly not myself.  I just don't think luck plays into my life very often.  And then the last month happened.  And y'all, I totally get it.  I've been on quite the run of bad luck.  Or I've been letting myself be wrapped up in things that stress me out without really mattering, and have let that stress take my attention off important things.  Like the speedbump I step over ever day with no trouble...until I step into it and go flying...  Anyhow, I guess I'm thankful for bad luck, as without it, I'd have no luck at all.

Seriously, I'm thankful that nothing is broken. Even in my run of bad luck, I've been terribly lucky.  Car wrecks, sinus infections gone rogue, trips and falls--I'm not broken and quickly on the mend. That's something to be thankful for!

Finally, I'm so thankful for my friend K.  I've been bummed that my self-imposed busy schedule this time of year has taken away time to spend on preparing for the holidays.  In addition, we decided not to have our Christmas cards printed this year as a money-saving measure.  Well, printing them ourselves + little time to put things together + a self-imposed expectation that they will go out before Christmas equals a stressed out JE.  Enter K, who has offered to put them together for me.  What an incredible blessing!!  If all goes well tomorrow, I'll print off the pictures and drop them by her house.  By this weekend, I'll be stamping and mailing.  Yay!

What (or who) are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

Becky said...

So my initial response was to grumble and then cuss under my breath - because it's been a crappy few days here, too. And then I started to think about our dear friend K. And I smiled. And I realized that I, too, am so very grateful for her. She so often gives of herself lovingly and without complaint, both to those of us who are lucky enough to be her friends and to people she doesn't really know. She smiles when many of the rest of us would be pissy and unpleasant. I am grateful to have in her in my life. And I am beyond grateful to have her in the lives of my sons.