Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday--December 8

Remember that viral infection I mentioned yesterday?  Well, I correctly diagnosed myself.  And when I woke up today with a raging sinus infection, I self-diagnosed that one correctly, too.  How do I know?  The doctor's office managed to squeeze me in and confirmed both diagnoses.  And they called in a prescription for me.  Today, I'm thankful for our GP and her willingness to tweak her schedule for a patient.  I'm thankful, too, that she affirmed my decision to hold off going in earlier this week, and to come in today.

I'm thankful, too, for USAA.  We've talked about them before--how well they respond when we've got something wrong with the house or the car.  This week, they've been fabulous with my several phone calls, emails, and attempts to get comfortable with their mobile app.  As a result, J is happier than I've seen in a while with his new (to us) car.  And that makes for a very happy JE.

Finally this week, I'm thankful for the stark contrasts of this time of year.  I'm not sure if it is because of my work environment or just the 'place' I'm in this year, but I've been more appreciative of the idea of Advent this year.  I've been more thoughtful, more intentional in my time and how I've thinking about Christmas gifts.  As a result (somehow), I'm also more appreciative of the many activities and the frenetic pace of the season. Funny how slowing down can make you appreciate the chaos of the season...

So what are you thankful for this week?

No comments: