Friday, July 15, 2011

Truly flakey Friday

I'm all over the place this week, which is often the case when I don't have a lot of structure going on. So it's a bit of a flakey Friday at the MP.  Hope you're in the mood for that!

Despite being flakey and all over the place, this has been a pretty awesome week.  After two weeks of on-the-go, not-enough-sleep, makeup and heels and fixed hair every day, I finally got to just be.  In fact, three out of the five days this week I didn't even leave the house other than to get the mail or walk out back with Zep.  Absolutely awesome. 

Wednesday was my 'big' day out.  I ran errands, dropped by the church, ran more errands, and finished the day at the Junior League Horse Show with Becky.  Where I saw William Shatner win second place in his class.  Now, mind you, I didn't actually know it was him until he won and they announced his name.  In fact, Becky and I had this huge conversation about how he kind of looked like William Shatner, but not really, well maybe the profile, but not the face.  Hmmm...  Don't ever count on me picking someone out of a lineup is all I can say.  Anyhow, it was a beautiful night, and a nice end to a nice day.

Even though I haven't managed to leave the house much this week, I did manage to cross quite a few things off my to-do list.  During the time management workshop at Hoopla, our Director of Training mentioned keeping a list every day, and at the end of the day moving anything not crossed off to the next day's list (and then throwing away that day's list).  Now, that might sound totally normal to you, but I'm a girl who keeps lists around forever until everything is crossed off.  At some point, it becomes a huge guilt thing because I still have *this* piece of paper because I haven't done *that* one thing.  There are definitely a few things I've transferred from day to day to day this week, and while I'm not a fan of having to do that, it isn't nearly as guilt-inducing as not being able to move on to a new list.  And that's nice.

Also this week, I made a pinch of progress on putting the library in shape.  At some point, I'm going to share the personal vision statement I put together after Hoopla and the goals I've set to help me realize the vision.  Until then, just know that having a functional and organized house in on the list.  One of the ways to do that is to move the barrister bookshelves  (I mentioned getting them almost a month ago...) out of the living room and into the library.  We're almost to that point!  Not quite, mind you...but almost!

And finally, on yet another unrelated note--How long does it take to kick jet-lag?  I've been home longer than I was in San Francisco and I'm still struggling to fall asleep at a decent hour (which of course means I'm also struggling to wake up at a decent hour).  Thoughts?

No comments: