Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday--July 28

This week's Thankful Thursday post is a bit late in going up simply because I was up late Wednesday preparing for/up way early Thursday driving to the Young Democrats of America convention in Louisville. Why, you might wonder, am I attesting this event? Because they accepted me as one of their vendors and I figure event young Democrats have jewelry needs! After the rush of waking up ad driving to Louisville before the sun even came up, the downtime during sessions is a bit tough, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to be here.

I'm thankful, too, this week for the quiet days I started the week with. As I prepare to go back to work, I've become all too aware that my days to tackle projects around the house will be limited (as will mornings devoted to reading a book cover to cover). I'm so thankful that I was able to do both of these things this week!

Finally, I mentioned a month or so ago that I was thankful for new opportunities. I've referenced my new job a few times, but have been intentionally vague. Y'all know how I am about change, and saying it out lOud just makes it all so real, you know? Anyhow, starting Monday I'll be taking my Jean-of-all-trades act to church, as I serve our parish in an adminstrative role, as minster to youth ad their families, and with a touch of wedding promotion/coordination thrown in for good measure. I really didn't dream when I left Girl Scours almost a year ago that it would be so long before I found my way back to a desk job, and I'm actually getting pretty excited about it. I'm so thankful for this opportunity that will allow me to flex my desk-job muscles and still reap the benefits of working part time.

What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

Becky said...

air conditioning