Friday, July 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday--July 7

I know it's Friday morning (and heck, it's probably Friday afternoon where most of you are), but I really wanted to do a Thankful Thursday post this week. So, welcome to Thankful Thursday/Friday.

First this week, I'm thankful for safe travels. In spite of some serious bus issues and a slightish discomfort with flying (not a fear of flying, mind you), I both made it home from DC and to San Francisco in, as J likes to say, one JE-shaped piece. I'm thankful for the opportunity to continue my habit of being out of town in July!

I'm thankful, too, for my family. While I know we Ought to always be thankful for the folks who raised us and loved us, but this week I had a reminder to do this. Our friends Becky and Daniel (I've linked to her in the past and talked about their boys before) lost Daniel's mother in a freak accident last weekend. We just take our families and friends for granted (at least, I often do). This week, I'm certainly counting my family as my blessing.

Finally, I'm so thankful for Stella & Dot. I know, I've shared this before. But, this conference has brought about such a sense of peace about what I'm doing here. I've talked before about the women who started DAR and Girl Scouts and ADPi. I so admire those women, and I'm thrilled to find that this company is inspired by te same type of woman. I'm so thankful to just know I'm in the right place.

So what are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am thankful for our wonderful friends and family who have surrounded us with their love and support. That means you, JE, and even J ;) Love you guys!