Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday smells like... Duck Fat in the Deep Fryer

J, ever willing to please me, provided more duck fat fried goodness so I wouldn't be left with nothing to post today.  First, he sliced a cucumber and tossed them in.  Now, I'm totally open to comments on this, as they weren't quite as crispy as you'd expect.  Should we have baked the cucumber slices or done something else to dry them out before frying?  To be Atkins-friendly you've got to avoid breading, and actually, I think J was going for a chip-like texture.

This morning, he offered up some of the most delicious bacon for breakfast.  When I wandered into the kitchen to investigate, I discovered that he'd deep fried the bacon in more duck fat.  Y'all.  I don't know if you've ever eaten pig fat fried in duck fat, but believe me when I say it's pretty darn good.  Yes, I stopped at two slices before my arteries turned into fat themselves.

I'm both nervous and excited anticipating what he might toss into the deep fryer next...

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am beyond grossed out. Seriously, there was an involuntary shudder when I read this. And another just now as I thought about it. Just ew.

Becky said...

yes, yes it does.