Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Speechless Wednesday

Edit:  Well it works a lot better if I actually give you the picture, doesn't it?  Clearly, I am a bit scattered this week!

In case you've been wondering where I've been this week, it has something to do with these guys:



On Friday evening, my BFF called to tell me that her father had been injured.  Less than an hour later, I received the follow-up call that he'd passed away.  I've known Suz and her family for fifteen years now, so her news was a hard bite to take.  I spent Saturday, Monday and Tuesday with her and her family.  On Tuesday morning, it rained--poured really--much of the morning.  It stopped briefly during the funeral, but started back up at the cemetery and rained a steady, soaking rain throughout the luncheon afterwards.  Sometime in the afternoon, though, the clouds cleared and the sun came out.  After having been on their best behavior in dress clothes for two days (not to mention in spite of the chaos of stressed out adults changing their regular schedules), Steve and Linda's grandkids were ready for the pool.  Suz's little one Danielle absolutely adores her "Gabby" (Suzanne's niece Abbigail) as you can see in this picture (I adore little Abbi, too, so it's easy to understand).  I felt kind of sorry for Abbi's little brother Jacob, who got completely left out of the girls' mutual admiration society.

Please prayer for Suz and her family as they navigate this unexpected new life.

1 comment:

Becky said...

My thoughts aand prayers are with them. We so understaand how shocking and awful this can be.