Sunday, September 25, 2011

September Sunday

One of the things I love about living in this part of the world is that you can never guess what the weather is going to be in the fall (or spring).  A couple of weeks ago it was rainy and cool (and I loved it!).  Today, we had a beautiful warm fall afternoon (and I loved it!).  It was especially nice to have clear skies today since we had an outside birthday party (for baby E--I'll show you pictures on Tuesday) as well as our anniversary pictures (also outside). 

I probably could have gotten away with short sleeves and shorts today like most of the party attendees, but I really, really wanted to go fall for the pictures.  Lucky for me, it was one of those beautiful fall days that are warm enough for shorts, but cool enough that a turtleneck and jeans aren't entirely out of place!  J and I had a great time with our photographer (anyone in Central KY, I highly recommend J.A. Laub Photography) at the Arboretum this afternoon.  Abby photographed our wedding reception four years ago, and we've reconnected with her every year since to capture our anniversary (or some moment close to our anniversary).  I can't wait to see the results from today's pictures.  We goofed off a lot; we'll see if she got anything worthy of this year's Chistmas card!

No comments: