Monday, May 2, 2011

Accountability

So back at the first of March, I shared my list of things I hoped to accomplish around the MP before May.  Well, I think I need to amend that timeline.  Maybe before May is over?  Here is where we are:

Main Bath
  • Order vanity top
  • Seal floor
  • Install base tile
  • Install vanity/sink/faucet
  • Install new shower curtain rod
  • Buy/install new switchplate covers
  • Put up shelves/artwork
  • Trim and install door
  • Buy and install mirror

 
Family Room
  • Paint wall/ceiling
  • Clean off pool table
  • Call Stanley Steamer

 
Library
  • Install shelves and doors on cabinets
  • Stain shelves
  • Install countertop and shelves on cabinets
This is obviously the room that is on my list for May.  We've also gone ahead and started laying out the design plan for the deck, which I noted would be our summer project.  J and I had a lot of time this weekend to talk about the house and projects we'd like to work on (Well, I talked, sketched, and researched...J mostly nodded and grunted).  This lead to a much better design for the deck/outside area, and I look forward to making that happen this summer. 

In the meantime, we're soliciting recommendations/comments on composite decking.  Have you used any composite decking?  What brand?  What do you think about it?

No comments: