Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday--November 24

Back in February when I started Thankful Thursdays, I commented how it would be like 51 mini-Thanksgivings (and one big one) for me this year.  (Yes, since I started these in February, my math was a bit off...I'm clearly older and wiser as we near the end of 2011.)  That big Thanksgiving seemed so far off, and it still surprises me how quickly it arrived. So here go, one big Thanksgiving Day edition of Thankful Thursday:

This year, I'm thankful for my blog and my resolution to blog daily.  While some parts of this year have flown by, my resolution to blog daily has slowed the year down, as well.  I have almost a year's worth of daily snapshots--moments and thoughts and shared frustrations--that will help me (us) remember this very different year in our lives.  I don't (and can't) know how this year might have been remembered if it weren't for the (mostly) daily posts.

I'm thankful, too, for the resources that J and I continue to have available to us.  Our jobs, our home, our cars (our car insurance, of which we've both been beneficiaries this fall) make our day to day existence both possible and comfortable. 

Finally, I'm thankful for our family.  For our siblings, who, even from a distance, manage to give us the most interesting stories to share with each other and our friends.  For our parents, who manage to love us even when we make it difficult.  For our friends, who have become family to us.  For Zeppelin, who shows us daily what it means to love unconditionally.  And for J, who certainly follow's Zep's example when it comes to his affections for me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: