Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday--November 17

This week, I'm so thankful for my boss.  If you read Sunday's post, you know it was a tough day for me, but after taking Monday for me to think through and process, I sat down with my boss on Tuesday afternoon to talk it through.  Luckily, he's totally got the 'pastoral care' part of his job down, and said everything I needed to hear.  I'm thankful for that, and for the sense of peace that comes with knowing where you stand.

I'm thankful, too, for the opportunity to go back to Williams-Sonoma this holiday season.  I know it sounds crazy, but I still just think it's amazing that someone will pay me to wrap packages.  I'm the kind of person who is generally thinking about five diferent things at a time, so having time set aside to strictly work with my hands and not think about what I'm doing is pretty blessed time (and they pay me for it--crazy!!).

Finally, we've been praying on Sunday's for seasonable weather.  Traditionally, the prayer is for good weather, but several weeks ago, Fr. J asked that I change it to seasonable.  While we've had a few days of steady, cool rain in Central Kentucky, I find it to be seasonable, and I have to be thankful for that.  It is so much easier to accept what we generally think of as poor weather when reminded that this rain is seasonable, and it is good for our earth.

What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am really thankful for this awesome friend I have who offered to wrap all my Christmas presents... ;)