Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thankful Thursday--August 4

This week has flown by in a series of routine-like days.  It's funny how tired I am when I leave the office--like sitting at a desk for five or six hours is exhausting or something!  I guess it's just that anything new and different takes the body a moment to get used to it.  That said, I really am enjoying it!  It will take a couple weeks to figure out all of the different pieces to the process, but I am particularly grateful that there are so many parts to the job--no chance of getting bored here!

While finding my way through the new routine has taken up much of my week, I've also had unexpected opportunities to spend time with (or at least on the phone with) old and dear friends.  So often, especially when times are busy, I just forget to nurture those relationships, and I'm happy that I took the time to do that this week.

Finally, I'm really thankful for my bathroom.  I know that sounds silly, but as I was scrubbing the tile that surrounds the bathtub today I kept noticing the things that are different.  Yes, it took us almost a year, but it's just SO nice to know that we did most of the work and that it turned out to be so much better than what we had before.  I feel the same way when I walk up to the front door.  Yes, it's a slow progress, and yes, I get jealous when I read or hear about people knocking out a renovation in ten or twelve weeks, but I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with knowing that WE did it.  It's just a good feeling, and I'm thankful for it.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: