Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday--August 18

First up this week, I'm thankful for my nephew who turns ten today.  I was just about to start my last semester at Murray when he was born and went to the hospital to visit (I think maybe the first time I did that).  Given the craziness of the world in the weeks and months of his birth (and what that meant for our family), I got to spend a great deal more time with him than my other nephews (and later, my nieces) and for years referred to him as the cutest little boy in the world.  When he wants to be, he still is.  Happy Birthday Apple Jax.

Second, I'm thankful for my many DAR sisters and moms (and grandmothers).  While I sometimes complain about how all-encompassing DAR-world can be, the friendships I have made through this organization are unparallelled.  I am thankful that our summer workshop series allows me two weekends to share and learn with these women.

Third, though related, I'm thankful for J, who lets me ignore the house (and worse, lets me make it messier) while I'm off in DAR-world.  This week, he has cooked me delicious suppers, he's looked the other way while I cover every horizontal surface on the main level of our house in foam, foam cupcakes, foam cupcake scraps, etc., and he's agreed to watch whatever I wanted in the evening.  Then tonight, he commented that he'd clean the house before my mom arrives Saturday evening.  I'm so incredibly blessed.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: