Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crafty-marathon Complete!

So the last few weeks have been a craft marathon for me with deadlines for various projects falling within days of each other.  Basically, the run-down goes like this:

May 29 was my original deadline to get the party project in the mail.  Because of everything that happened over Memorial Day weekend, I pushed the deadline back, and I got everything in the mail yesterday.  I'm planning a monster post on the party plan for next Tuesday's blog post, but here's a sneak peak of what it looked like in my living room:


June 1 was the deadline for my needlepoint project.  I finished it on the 2nd and turned it in on the 3rd.  I am actually really proud of this project.  It was my first attempt at needlepoint, and I think it turned out pretty well.

On June 3, the KSDAR Juniors met to finish putting together our cupcake topiaries.  Well, "finish" is a word with an ever-changing definition.  In this case, it means we got all of the cupcakes on Styrofoam, glued and ribboned.  We'll really finish them (meaning, inserted in flower pots and ready to place on a table) at Continental Congress at the end of the month.  Anyway, to be ready to put the topiaries together, I needed to finish decorating the cupcakes I made in April.  A marathon decorating session with J and my friend K knocked that out!


Late last week, Fr. J asked if I could etch some candleholders/bourbon glasses (there's been some debate as to what they are) for the choir's last Sunday.  Did I mention that was also June 3?

So to wrap this up, last week I: worked on needlepoint, painted cupcakes, cut and sewed together paper mobiles (with K's sewing help), painted cupcakes, decorated cupcakes, worked on needlepoint, finished party planning, worked on needlepoint, etched glass and put together cupcake topiaries.

Any guesses as to why there was no Melton Point Monday post yesterday?  Right.  Nothing happened around the MP last week that wasn't crafty.  Maybe this week.  Maybe not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All nicely done, punkin,

Now for the quiz. Do you know exactly WHOSE "cross" that is that you needlepointed? And, why it's that shape?

dad

JE Melton said...

St. Andrew's Cross! The needlepoint will be turned into an ornament for our Chrismon tree. I'm not sure why the shape was chosen, but they all match.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Punkin,
And, while we all know who St Andrew WAS, why was his cross 45 degrees out of plumb?

dad