Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday--March 1

How on earth did it get to be March?  I'm not even sure it's 2012 yet, much less two months down!

This week, I've been trying to focus on the little things.  Things like a work environment that supports taking your dog to work.  As he's gotten older, Zep has gotten a little more uptight about storms.  Knowing that I can just take him in with me during stormy days is such a blessing, and I found myself especially thankful for it on Wednesday.

I'm thankful, too, for everyone who's been supportive of my Lenten commitments this year.  When I decided to walk a littler farther every day, I have to admit I didn't think it through very well.  J has been so supportive with late night walks to help get those extra steps to meet my goals.  B has suggested walks in the park and in our neighborhood.  I've actually seen streets I've never known about!  While I'm a little nervous about how much I'll be walking by Easter, I'm so thankful for the daily reminder of the folks who love me and want to help me succeed.

Finally, I'm pretty thankful for my new car.  The relief I feel just being able to get in and drive, without worrying about something going wrong is amazing.  It's a little thing, but my stress level is so much lower than it was a month ago, and that's something J and I are both thankful for.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: