Monday, March 5, 2012

Keeping with the theme...

With the black door, black light, and black shutters, we should have know this was right around the corner.



This is our back door, which was crying out to be painted.  After we paid a painter to paint the shutters and trim work on the house a couple weeks ago, it dawned on me that I should have asked him to paint the back door, too.  I think it just seemed logical that this door would match the door and shutters on the front of the house, so I mentioned it to J (he may not have been listening, but I took the noncommittal "um...sure" as affirmation that I should go for it).  Last Thursday I ran to Home Depot and picked up a quart of black exterior paint.  I got the first coat on that afternoon.  If you've been following the weather at all in the last few days, you know that I've not gotten the second coat on.  Here's what it looks like today.

I love it.  Especially when the kitchen door is open, the black picks up the other black pieces in the kitchen (our server and the black board wall directly across from the door).  Hopefully it will warm up again later this week and I'll be able to finish it up!


No comments: