Thursday, November 27, 2008

Counting our blessings

Happy Thanksgiving! We hope that you are all well and have many blessings to count this Thanksgiving; we are so very grateful for the many blessings in our lives.

J and I are off on our next Great Adventure--a belated anniversary trip to Chicago (by train!) to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. As of this writing, it is just before six in the morning, and I have been awake most of the night, so please forgive any typos or unclear references to time and place!

Before we left home Wednesday, we were thrilled to find that our copy of the brick I purchased at the Indianapolis Colts new stadium had arrived. As you recall, I purchased a brick in the new Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium to commemorate our wedding. I gave Jonathon a certificate announcing this purchase on our first anniversary back in September. I was very surprised to learn that we would receive a copy of the brick, as well! This is the brick that arrived yesterday, and we were very excited to open it! J was even more excited to take the brick to his office for display. He was less excited when I shared that I already have the ‘picture in my head’ of where the brick will be placed in our family room!

Our trip got off to a bit of a rough start (J closed the trunk on my head, we arrived at the train station in Maysville two hours early, then discovered that the train was delayed by an additional hour), and I’ve discovered that my inability to sleep in the car translates to an inability to sleep on a train (thus defeating the purpose of an overnight rail trip). But, we’re now in Indianapolis for a brief stop, and J got to see Lucas Oil Stadium (Where our brick may already be resting in the Colts Walk of Fame!) and the old RCA Dome. My apologies for the poor picture quality; pictures taken from inside the train don’t seem to come out well, even with the flash turned off…
On a side note, I am watching two Amtrak conductors outside my window, and they actually wear the boxy little conductor hats like on Shining Time Station/Thomas the Train. Huh!

Well, I’m going to try to catch a quick nap before the train starts to move again, but please check back regularly this weekend as we plan to take and post many pictures! Have a wonderful day and eat lots of turkey for us!

Title: "Counting My Blessings", by Irving Berlin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the table today and liked it before knowing that it was a transforming table. James Kane