Monday, April 23, 2012

Where've you been?

So I figure this is the easiest MPM post ever--because there has been a lot going on around the Melton Point (most of it not actually house related).  First, we survived DAR (well, I survived DAR and J survived me).

The week between DAR and Easter was chaotic.  I had a minor medical procedure that Friday which required all of the requisite pre-procedure procedures that doctors come up with to take up your free time.  I also had to prepare bulletins for Good Friday, the Saturday Easter Vigil, Easter Sunday and the Sunday after Easter.  If you're counting, that's four different bulletins (and their accompanying inserts). In a normal week (one not interrupted by that medical nonsense I mentioned), I do one.  It's fair to say a few other things slid that week.  Like my sanity.  Long story short, there may have been an episode involving me and a sub-par McDonald's bacon, egg & cheese biscuit.

Luckily, J and I thought about how awful the two weeks before Easter were going to be and planned a vacation.  After Easter services we left for Emerald Isle, NC for a week.  Needless to say, it was just the break I needed from reality.  We stayed with ten other people from our parish in a lovely house that had views of both the ocean and the inter coastal waterway.  Morning walks on the sand and afternoons reading on the beach, combined with excellent food, good weather and lovely company did the trick, and we returned to Lexington feeling so much happier!

On the Monday after we returned I earned my ten percent key chain and my "stay and succeed" charm for sticking around 16 weeks at Weight Watchers.  Yes, I'm way proud!  I've got a long way to go, but am trying to focus on just losing another five percent for now.  Zep celebrated his eleventh birthday this month (so hard to believe!) and enjoyed an extended stay at 'camp' while we were in NC.  Last week was mostly about getting caught up on the work we didn't get finished while on vacation, and this weekend I took a quick trip to Bowling Green to work on cupcake topiaries. We finally have the cupcakes decorated and have started in on putting the topiaries together.  Fourteen down, 86 to go!

So that's what we've been up to.  What have you been doing for the last month?

No comments: