Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What do you see?

Remember a couple weeks ago when I mentioned in this post that we were celebrating Baby E's second birthday with a Brown Bear party?  Well, the party was held Saturday at the park in our neighborhood and was so sweet!  I had an idea a month or so ago for a cake, and it turned out pretty well.  At least, it was recognizable to the birthday boy, and that's really the most important part!  Also, I really tried to pay attention to baking the right amount of cake, rather than leaving the family with enough cake for an army!  I think I just about got this one right!
The base is a white cake with white butter-cream frosting. The bear is a chocolate fudge cake with chocolate butter-cream.  The grass is actually a chocolate GF mix (my trusty Pamela's).  So tasty!

2 comments:

Becky said...

It was perfect! He loved it. And there was just enough (after sending some home with K for D) for momma to have some last night. Thank you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT is a cool cake! Congratulations.

dad