Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday--July 12

First off, I'm so thankful for readers who don't give me a hard time about sporadic posting, but still drop in every so often to check for new posts.  I've had great intentions and ideas for posts for the last week or two, but have been lacking in time (energy? motivation?) to get them written.  Today seemed like a good time to jump back in!

Second, I'm thankful for J, who I've come to realize is an incredibly tolerant man/husband.  Tuesday night I dragged him off to dance lessons.  Just because.  We Survived.  He even managed to crack a few jokes with our instructor and avoided stepping on my toes (more than once or twice).  I think we'll go back.  Now, don't expect to see us as pros on Dancing with the Stars or anything, but maybe (just maybe) you'll catch us on the dance floor at a wedding someday.

Finally, I'm so thankful for the DAR ladies I call friends.  I had the best time at our national convention, Continental Congress.  I didn't have nearly enough time to catch up with old friends, but to see them all briefly, and to work together for the Society, just makes me SO happy!  I can't imagine keeping myself busy with a better group!

So what are you thankful for this week?

No comments: