Monday, June 1, 2009

Buildin', buildin', buildin'

Progress is moving rapidly on our new fence, with just one (expected) day to before the fence is complete. Pretty impressive given that we just hired the company on Wednesday and they don't work weekends. Here are a couple of pictures to show the progress (first from Thursday evening when J arrived home, and second from this evening which show the two finished sides). As long as the weather holds, they will finish tomorrow!

The other big news from the weekend is that I survived my second Thin Mint Sprint at work. Both races exceeded my goal number of participants and we received several compliments on how well organized both events were. Despite making May a stressful month here at the Melton Point, the success and praise totally re-enforce my job satisfaction! Here is a picture of Thin Mint Millie, the race mascot, which I made. Not the greatest job, but I'm pretty pleased with her. You can see the picture I modeled her after at the race website http://www.thinmintsprint.org/

This week we're getting the house reorganized (tough when parts haven't been organized to start with!) in preparation for a visit from J's mom this weekend.

Title: my version of Rawhide

No comments: