Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday--December 6, 2012

Yes, it's been a while.  I know.  I also know, though, that my daily thoughts of thankfulness have been on the upswing for a while now.  I've just not been terribly good at remembering to write them down or type them out.  On the other hand, it means I've got a bunch to share this week!

First, I'm thankful for the third trimester, which officially started yesterday.  Honestly, when we found out we were expecting a little more than 23 weeks ago, I couldn't imagine what this might feel like.  Luckily, it feels pretty good (uncomfortable hip pain and weird feeling in my throat that I may have just self-diagnosed as heartburn aside).  As side notes to this thankful thought, I'm super thankful for an active baby who likes to punch, kick and roll without hitting anything painful.  And I'm thankful for my Snoogle, which arrived yesterday, and already makes sleeping a little easier.

I'm thankful, too, for my new countertop in the library/office.  And for Don, the laminate sales guy who moonlighted as my fabricator/cabinet installer only because (I think) he has his own daughter with a grandbaby on the way living too far away to be much help to.

Finally, I'm thankful for the holidays, and our pre-lit tree that I finally managed to get all the lights working on yesterday (how did I break three lightbulbs this year??).  It's amazing how just putting my grapevine bow on top and plugging in those lights can immediately turn our living room into a place of comfort and joy.  Maybe next week I'll be thankful for the ornaments that haven't made it to the tree just yet?

What are you thankful for?

No comments: